Welcome International Students!
Located for over 50 years in Orange County and over 25 years in the city of Yorba Linda, Heritage Oak Private Education (HOPE), accredited by National Independent Private Schools Association, is a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School.
At Heritage Oak, preschool, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and elementary grades enjoy a calm, encouraging learning environment with a core curriculum that is one year ahead of the public school standards. Middle school students utilize their own personal iPads in class to enhance their studies and to prepare them for challenges in high school and college. All Heritage Oak students receive a well-rounded education that includes music, French, Spanish, art, physical education, computer skills and etiquette.
We welcome International Students with all levels of English to our Summer Camp Program. Please contact Shawna Rhebergen in the Admissions office for details (email@example.com).
Short-term School Year Program
There are very limited spaces in our Winter Immersion Program which runs from January-February (two-week minimum enrollment). International students from Korea may contact our exclusive camp partner, JLI Camp by clicking here. For all other inquiries, please click here for details and contact admissions director, Shawna Rhebergen, to inquire about available spaces.
School Year Program
Heritage Oak offers a well-rounded program that includes extras that are not offered at many other schools. The fine arts are emphasized with enrichment teachers for art, instrumental and vocal music, French, Spanish computers, physical education, and etiquette. Students in grades 4 – 8 participate in after school sports leagues and a wide range of after school extra-curricular programs. Many Heritage Oak graduates go on to study at the honors level at private or public high schools.
The application process is virtually the same for International and United States students. However, International Students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible to ensure that visas and other documentation are completed and received in time.
Applications will be considered by the Admissions Committee when all of the required application documents have been received . Applicants will be required to participate in a Skype interview and submit English Proficiency test results (TOEFL Jr. or ITEP Slate). Applicants are notified promptly of the Committee’s decision. Once the Student Application Forms, enrollment contract, and $1,833.00 non-refundable deposit are received, the Director of Admissions can release the I-20 signed forms for the student to apply for the F-1 visa.
Step 1: Complete the Parent and Student Application Forms
- A non-refundable application fee/tuition deposit/evaluation fee of $1,833.00 (US Dollars) must accompany the application.
- Student Application Form - This form needs to be completed by the student with a complete profile and attached picture. Attach an extra page if more space is required.
Step 2: Request Recommendations
- Teacher Recommendation Form* - Please have the English teacher complete the form and attach an assessment of English comprehension. *These confidential forms should be sent directly to HOPE.
Step 3: Assemble and mail the admissions package
- Send the completed application forms along with the following:
- A copy of the applicant’s grades from the last two school years and current grades translated into the U.S. grading system
- A photograph of the applicant
- A copy of the current passport - including page(s) indicating name, date of birth, and other vital information
- $1,943 non-refundable application fee/tuition deposit/evaluation fee, remitted by money order or official bank check
- A bank statement showing funds available for tuition in American dollars
When complete, please mail the application package to the following address:
Heritage Oak Private Education
16971 Imperial Highway
Yorba Linda, CA 92886